Saturday 27 April 2013

News flash! We're having a girl!

At our 20 week scan, we found out that we're having a girl. We were thrilled with the news (although of course we would have been delighted with a boy too). So we are to be an all female household - imagine the hormones in about 15 years time...

It has been lovely beginning to get a sense of who our baby is, and we have been able to delight in looking at gorgeous girls' baby clothes. One slight disadvantage of all this though is that my mum has decided that she doesn't want to know what we're having. My parents have been staying with us this weekend, and every conversation seems to have a potential gender pitfall in it. It's been very stressful! I think there have been a few wobbles along the way, but I think/hope she is still in the dark as to whether we're growing sugar and spice or puppy dogs tails.

In reality we know that she will make her own way in the world, and I would like to think that her gender will not hold her back. I want her to feel free to be herself, wear whatever she wants and have the life that she wants.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, I may be biased but little girls are the best! (not sure I'll feel like this if we have a boy next).

    I really struggle not to lose my girl to the onslaught of pink princess/fairy rubbish the shops and media are awash with.

    With so many colours available to us why does she have to be pigeon holed into someone else's view of what a little girl should be.

    ReplyDelete